Sunday, October 17, 2010

Working at elementary schools

I started working at Tarr as a clerk for Safekey though the City of Las Vegas in Jan 10'. I had a hard time with my supervisor there near the end. She seemed nice up front when I first started working there and I caught on pretty quick (learning the computer system). Then later in the year I became friends with a girl in the program I started helping her with her homework. It was fun. Though for some reason I don't think that Katie liked that I did that, but she wouldn't tell me what specifically was bothering her. I'd help her by the door so that whenever a parent would come in I could help them or request money.

Six weeks from the end of the school year I started working in a classroom also. It was not a stressful job which I liked. I mostly graded papers for a teacher. Haha she was very unorganized. Whenever I wanted the teachers answer sheet I had to go searching the room for the book.

It may have been like 4 or 3 weeks till the end of school when a Clerk up and quit safekey at a school down the street. They needed me to switch to that school (Kahre ES). I knew it was going to be my last day at Tarr for Safekey so I told Abigail and it was kinda funny Katie asked her why she seemed so different that day. Haha she didn't know of our great friendship and how sad she was to miss me.

Here is a picture of my friend Abigail. Since I was working in her fourth grade teachers class room she came and stopped by after her fifth grade graduation. I grabed my camera to get a picture with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment