I've really been enjoying taking a recipe and switching it up a little to make it easier or more what I want.
I've learned the trick to making muffins fluffly. Then also I change up the recipe so that I've made blueberry, raspberry, corn, and chocolate muffins from a poppyseed recipe I've found. So now I can split this large recipe and make half one and the other half another. I love freezing them too. I can fit a ton in the freezer and pull out two in a sandwich flip bag to send with Ryan for a quick breakfast.
Next I want to try making a whole meal in the wonder oven. I'll do that by putting the sides and dinner rolls in mason jars in the boiling pot so everything is done at the same time and I don't have to worry about watching them all at once.
Also I want to see if I can make my own version of Shirly J pizza sauce. Tara brought up some the weekend of Aubree's baby blessing. It looks like it has mostly thyme and a few other things. I might can get thyme cheap at cash and carry :-D. I like doing the 8 oz tomato sauces so that I'm not putting the excess back in the fridge.
Also I'm working trying to bake and cook more to save us more money but not only that but so that I'm better at rotating our food storage and were eating helthier by doing so. Along with that I'm hoping to be better and knowing when something is. Good deal and when to stock up.
No comments:
Post a Comment