Sunday, March 14, 2010

A year and eight months

It seems so crazy that is had already been that long. Ryan is still chugging along in school. I can tell that school is not his favorite thing. He is a very hard worker and loves to learn but when it comes to school I think he just wants to pass the class and move on.

He is still in scouts and since it is starting to get warmer I think they will be going on more scouting trips. I am still in primary but they have moved me to an older class. I used to teach the little ones that just started coming to primary. Now I am going to be team teaching the ones that are starting to go to Young Women's and Young Men's. Our ward has a small primary so I believe that our class consist of four classes combined. The first week I went to this class was last week. They were not so reverent to today I asked Sister Strickland if I could speak to them right after the prayer. The jist of what I asked them how they act at school, and how they should act in the House of the Lord. They did WAY better. I hope that we will be able help remind them to be reverent so that they will learn more from the lessons.

As for living accommodations we are still living at the house that Ryan grew up in. His mom has been incredibly awesome by letting us stay there free of rent. All we have to do is pay the utility bills. While this incredibly awesome still do long for the day that we can one day have a place of our own so that I can call a place our own and decorate it the way I please. This may be many years before we can even begin to even think of such a thing since Ry is still in school. We are most definitely looking forward to having the place to ourselves. Dale will most likely be getting married in August.

We will see how long that last. Mike has dropped a hint of Ryan possibly taking part in his counter top company. UNLV may possibly cut the engineering program (because the way the economy is and budget cuts taking place) and if they do it may not be for a few year but it still is an option for us. If that happens we may have the option to possibly move up to Idaho. It will be pretty darn cold for a chick that prefers the summer and grew up in Vegas but other than that I am not supper opposed to the idea. I definitely would miss being close to my family but I would like to consider myself a strong independent person.

Also I have had hopes of starting our family soon but my thoughts today had turned to really wanting to be able to stay home with my kids. Neither of us have a great paying job at the moment so our fear is that our savings would quickly diminish if we start a family now. I am not sure what to do. I really want to be able to spend as much time with them when we do have them. Also my main reason to stay home it do my best at teaching them as best I can about the gospel so that they have a fairly strong testimony by the time they are teens. As Satan's war rages forth they will be needing stronger testimonies then past generations have had. I'm thinking of trying to get someone to help us to know where to go with this decision through prayer.

As as summer is approaching I think I will be able to go to our family's timeshare. I've been wanting to take Ryan with me since he hasn't gone yet. Though I'm not sure he will be able to go again. Last year he took a week off for scouting and also Mike and Mom were getting married and wanted us to help in pulling off. This year I think it will mostly be because of him already taking a week off of work for scouting. I think it has at least been two years since I've gone so I'm longing for a vacation. I look mostly forward to dipping in the pool and laying out be the sun. Will be needing alot of sunblock for sure though since I haven't seen the sunlight much recently.

1 comment:

  1. good to see a post up. :o) glad you guys are still doing great!

    ReplyDelete