Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Not starting work just yet.

Ryan started right away since they needed him four weeks before I got here. Things are still getting settled at the office for the news plans to fall into place. until Mike got here and was able to change things I was not needed at the office. So I am at my new home settling where things should go.

Though the second day Ryan was at work I was SO in the mood for making some homemade bread. I kinda have a goal of doing better at cooking while I'm up here. Well bread was on my mind unboxing had to wait haha. I made home made bread and scones all on my own from grinding the wheat to frosting the scones for the first time. I have made home made bread quite a few times before. I even tried to teach Sheree how to do it one time. I think she requested to do it more so cause she felt like eating it haha. But never before have I done every step all on my own. I'm pretty proud of myself. Usually mom steps in and tries to help, thinking that I don't quite know how to do every step. I think she forgets how many times I had made it with her, and even a few times with out her.

I've been pretty good at putting together some better meals with a little more than something I pull out of the freezer and warm up.

Part of me is wondering if I am starting work next week but I kind don't think so.... we'll see but I'm not too worried about it since I have enjoying a little down time.


In these pictures it may look like Ryan did all of the work, but don't let that fool you. We did equal share. I started pulling weeds while he mowed the lawn and then he came to help. He did the shoveling to loosen up the dirt while I plucked them and stomped off the dry clumps of dirt. Near the end I gave up on getting the dirt off and was throwing it away haha. I was going to replace it better dirt anyway right? :-D




I am also looking forward to starting our garden. Ryan and I had pulled up more weeds I have in my life. I hope to not have to them like that again. I learned by pulling the little ones in the front yard are not so bad at the ones that were in the pace of my garden. When they are small they are so much easier to pull out. You barely have to tug on them and they plop right out. Now as for the the huge ones we brought out we had to loosen the dirt below. It was a lot of work.

On Friday we did a little shopping and Ryan wanted to stop in Best Buy for upgrading his windows operating system on his laptop. He doesn't care much for vista. Well we walked out without that and something else Ryan had his eye one for quite some time. He's been wanting a Mac. Well we ended up deciding that it was about the same price as on the online store I like. So now we are a Mac owner. It's a little funny going back and forth though right now since I haven't gotten my programs on it just yet, the keyboard commands are different, also the sensitivity of my mouse old is way better then the Mac mouse. Though I do love the Magic Mouse scrolling capability.

This image right here is why I think that one day we go looking for a house I want one in this same area. There is grass and trees along a lot of the roads.

No comments:

Post a Comment