Friday, June 1, 2012

Spotlight

I am being spotlighted in the Relief Society newsletter and this is what I wrote to have put in it. I grew up in Las Vegas with five sisters and one brother. From these siblings I currently have 10 nieces and nephews. I love playing with them and my sisters tease me about being the baby lover in the family. So you know I’m definitely anxiously waiting to hold my little one. My parents taught me to be a hard worker and what is most valuable in this life. In growing up in a big family I learned to have patience. I would like to give my kids the same learning experiences that I had. When I was younger I went camping, repelling and four wheeling often which I really enjoyed. Though during a normal weekday you could often find me doing some sort of craft. I sewed my first project, a quilt, at the age of 13. In high school I took woods, fashion, and drafting class, all of which I thought were very fun. From the things that I learned in fashion and from my mom I was able to sew my wedding dress and now a baby blessing dress for my daughter when she arrives. Ryan and I have been married for almost four years and are looking forward to moving into our first house and the arrival of our daughter in August.

No comments:

Post a Comment