Saturday, July 21, 2012

And the blinds were hung...

We moved out stuff into our new house over the past weekend and the beginning of this week. We had a lot of helpers from the new ward help us unload stuff into the garage. I like Ryan's thought process of just have them help to put it in the garage. Though this time it was helpful to have them bringing some of it into the house and help put a few the bedroom furniture back together. Mike was here to help us load and unload over the weekend and load on Monday evening but not unload. I knew I wouldn't be able to help Ryan so it was nice to have them bring some of it up. Even then I get really tired and also sore around my tail bone when walking too much especially up and down those stairs too much. One guys especially helped out a fe times and I told him that I want to make him and his family dinner one night in the near future because there was one night that it was just him helping and we had the TV and our mattress. Two things Ryan would not be able to do on his own. If it weren't for him we would be sleeping on the couch that night.

On Friday and Saturday I was installing the blinds because that was something I knew I could do while the guys loaded heavy boxes into the house and garage. We did faux wood blinds on the main level, and the master with mini blinds in al the rest of the rooms. I just hung the last one in the babies room. I knew I could hold off of the ones that were upstairs and people couldn't peek in them.

We spent our first night in the house on Tuesday night. It kind of felt like Christmas in a way, just being able to live in our new house.

We still need to finish up grabbing a few last things (two book shelfs, and a few odds & ends), cleaning, and yard work over at the rental. We thought we had a guy to take over our lease but he's having a little trouble having the management company verifying his employment. I'm kind of nervous because I really don't want to have to come up with the extra money and loose our deposit.

Prego info: I love my new oval tub! It's much easier to shave my legs. Also it was kinda of funny my new neighbor has seen me going in and out of the house bringing more stuff over here and she teased "you're going to put yourself into labor". I hope not, so whenever I feel tired I take a break and sit for a while. One night I was kind of cramping so I decided to sleep in quite a bit that next morning. Take it easy.  She has been stretching out recently, I can feel her pushing downward and also into my ribs.  This pregnancy has gone really smooth so far, the only thing I've been told was to up my iron intake so I go some iron pills and then I got a urinary infection so I got a prescription for that.  My next appointment is on Monday so I'll see it the prescription took care of it and if I have started to dilate.  I also have been taking a little bit of magnesium cause there was one night were I had two charlie's horse's in a night.  I think it's because I got stuck in stop and go traffic a couple of times in our stick shift Jetta (I don't drive a whole lot right now).

There is still so much too do to get our house a little more livable, and quite a few more things I still need to go get to be ready for baby. Also I need to wash the hand me down items. So grateful for all the hand me downs. As long as they all work I don't need to buy a car seat or stroller, swing, bouncer, play mat for the ground, etc. Also I have quite a few cute clothes from Tara so I don't have to go out and buy a lot of clothes. I still need more diapers but I don't want to buy too many since I've heard either your baby is a Pampers or a Huggies baby meaning their body shape will determine if they have less blowout with a certain brand.

Anniversary - Ryan has been working very hard this past week moving the house so he was exhausted so we decided to have pizza ordered in. I set out the nice dinnerware set and candlesticks to make it a little more romantic. Though since it doesn't get dark all that early here the blinds can only block out so much light. Candle lit dinners are better during the winter and will be easier now that we have a place of our own. Ry isn't much of a romantic so it never really turns out quite like I have in my mind, but it's the attempt that counts. I know that he likes when I go out of my way to do something like this (cause he's told me before), it's just hard to read him because he's not great at expressing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment