Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Callings & Work

We both now have callings to be in presidencies. I in Relief Society (secretary) and Ryan in the Elders Quorum (Second Counselor). It's kind of funny cause I know Debbie kind of is opposed to him having a higher up more time consuming calling. She's not afraid to turn one down if she feels it's too much for her to handle. But for more me I actually kind of like it. While we were sitting there in the room with the man in the stake that was extending the calling to Ryan I got the feeling that this will be good for Ryan. He has been part of scouts at the old ward and now primary teacher. But this calling will help him to progress further spiritually because you have to pray a lot more as to who need what or which direction to take things.

Also I'm really excited that Ryan is getting a little bit of a raise. It's not a ton more but every little bit helps. It'll help support the idea of me staying home with baby by helping cover her insurance and diapers :-D. Also I can tell Ryan likes that I am able to make him lunches in the morning & dinners at night since I'm not working. Before we bought a lot of freezer lunches and dinners. I put more pride into it since I have more time and energy, and I can tell he likes it. It was funny because about a month ago Celestial asked on Facebook some ideas for lunches and Ryan told me to go give her some ideas. Shows that he must think that I'm doing a good job :-D

I'm kind of starting to think of not worrying too much about doing photography to earn extra money. I guess part of me has a little bit of a fear that I might focus on it too much that I might miss a lot of things going on in my kids lives as they grow. I kind of just want to slow down and enjoy the things that I like to do, sewing old projects I intended on doing, organizing so there is less clutter and stress (which I will need to do a lot of when we move), bake more bread, build up my food storage. I am really looking forward to getting into the new house.

This is also reason why I want to put photography on a back burner. Years from now I want to say that I had that interaction with Ryan and my kids. Physical possessions just aren't worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment