Sunday, May 6, 2012

Framed

As we were pulling into the neighborhood it surprised me that our home looked like this only a week and two days after the footings were in. It was way fun to be able walk through it. Though for me it was a bit of an eye opener. For some reason when I was looking at the floor plans I envisioned the rooms being a little bit bigger. Though it will be a great first home for us. Even though the kitchen won't be huge it will have more pantry space :-D Also I have a linen closet up stairs in the hall and in the master bath. More places to put away stuff. Yay!

Oh also it was good that we stopped by. They accidently started framing in a half wall with an arch in between the living and family room. I asked for a full wall which is in the plans, they just overlooked it. We'll be telling them first thing Monday. I like to have nice room for when people stop by. Though after walking through our kitchen table is going to have to be small and will be in direct view of the front door. Funny, I'm just glad it's not my kitchen sink. :-D

As for the garden.... I think I might actually be able to still put it in the same spot on the South side of the home. Even though it is going to be smaller than I requested we looked at where the sun falls on the ground over there. I think I'll be able to get a couple rows of garden over there which will be the full length of the house. That should be plenty for now. Yay!

I have three main goals for this home. I really want to have most everything put away and out of sight no junk and cluter that I have been living with. Two I'd like to add to food storage and add recipes to my book for cycling it. Three try to spend a half and hour every day in the front room reading scriptures, Ensign, doing FHE, or something church realated with Ry.
The opps wall. It should be fully enclosed on the left side not an archway.

No comments:

Post a Comment