Saturday, November 10, 2012

Tid Bits to Remember

I want to remember tips that I learned this time around so that I can do it better next time.

Garments- I don't care for maternity as they are way big and loose on the bottom like a dress. Nursing are okay but I like them most only at night. That's because I like to sleep with my arm under his pillow. I wish I had just boughten only larger carinessa for both maternity and nursing.

Clothing-
Maternity- Save money just buy bigger size of shirts. Long of course and empire shirts are great too to keep looking like "all belly".

Nursing- fitted stretch knit shirts and a stretchy spagetti strap underneath. Lift up the top layer and slide everything else down and off my shoulder on the feeding side. I was afraid that I'd have to buy a bunch of new clothes but most everything in my closet works great with the pull up method.

Not a huge fan of the nursing bras since they have a thick layer that's a pain to pull down enough to stay out of the way. Contemplating cutting the thick layer out and keeping the thin layers. Trying out the genie bra since Lesh said she liked it but pulled the pads out.


Bottle- I'm using the Avent bottles. They're great so that I can leave her behind for a date night, girls night, or enrichment. I just feed her expressed milk every few days to keep her used to it. Also I just seen that they came out with a bottle that's even better for nursing babies. I like it since she hardly protested. Only moaned for like 5 seconds. NICE!

Expressed milk is way nice for traveling also because then you can feed on the road and burp at gas fill ups.

Pump-The Medela brand is known as the top of the line and great if you need to go back to work. I purchased the Avent manual pump since it's more in the price range I wanted to spend. Also great for me cause I'm not using it all the time. I just want her used to the bottle.

Pumps are also nice because then you can releave yourself when you accidently feed too many times on the same side, or in the morning if baby slept longer at night.

Diapers- The pee stripe was great for the first few weeks when their pee is more gummy and very little. But after the first few weeks if it's pee let them fill it a little more (save money on diaper) it's the poop that gives them the rashes. Change those quicker.

I kind of don't care for pampers strong smell. It makes it hard to tell if it's poopy by the smell test. Then also huggies has the stretch band in back the help with blow outs. It doesn't catch every time but they have helped quite a few times. I'm trying out Up & Up (Target) brand and kind of liking them.

Wipes- I like Up & Up brand cause they are a good moisture, interlocked with each other (better for pulling out of the hard container), & cheaper. I like the Huggies hard container since they hold onto the next wipe down better so you only get one wipe. Didn't like Kroger since they are not interlock.

Also I was okay with making them too with half a roll of paper towels but should only do one half not both halves in two containers as they mold if not used fast enough. Also liked using less water at 1 3/4 c water with the 2 tbsp baby soap, 1 tbsp baby oil.

Binky- Binkies really helped me at first to space out her feedings. She wanted to suck quite a bit at first. Now I only use it to keep her quiet at church, while making dinner (if she's fussy), and to put her asleep. I've found that I really like the green soothie for being able to pull it out after she falls asleep. I don't want her to feel she needs to have it all the time. The pink and purple all one piece rubber Nuk brand it great for if I want her to keep it in by herself. She's not very good at keeping them in quite yet.

Baby gear-
Blanket- Favorite for swaddling is Carter's knit blanket. It's larger for using for longer (as they get bigger) and washes better then the recieving blankets.
Burp cloth- interlock are my favorite they seem to soak up spit up well and dry well in case you need to use it multiple times.

Burping & Sleep- I put these together cause for me they work hand in hand. I'm playing with the idea of feed when she wakes up, burp, play for a bit, burp again, and then sleep. I struggled with her falling asleep while eating burping her for a bit get the main few burps up and putting her to sleep. She'd wake when I tried to move her to bed (even if I was slow and careful) cause she had another burp in there. I'm kind of liking the new routine.

I'm working on her to play piano music to put her asleep, and just now it worked like a charm. she only fussed a little, and not crying for a while like she had been (but it might have been also the burps I left in there). :-) It's nice to work on not being extra slow and careful at putting her down so that she get used to it.

Next step I want to get her so that she's used to me just laying her down with piano music when she's sleepy and not having to rock her to sleep.

Baby Gut- One trick I'm using to get rid of the gut is rocking the rocking chair with my tummy like on a swing. I sit in the chair indian style with my legs crossed.

Blogging/Journaling - I love having a handheld device that is wireless and has a blogger app. I can blog while nursing and rocking her to sleep.



No comments:

Post a Comment