Friday, February 15, 2019

Looking Back - Signs

Looking back there were a few signs.

I remember the first sign was that the ultrasound tech said that Eli was measuring smaller in that very last appointment.   Though the dr.  never said anything about it.  During that same appointment I remembered the nurse said I jumped in weight.  I remember telling him about my sisters preeclampsia.  Though I don’t recall him telling me any signs or checking my swelling.

The day of my baby shower my friend teased that she was surprised my ring still fit.  It was even more snug than before.   On Sunday evening I felt sore and had Ryan load the dishwasher.
The next morning my mom called and/or text me saying she thought it could potentially be preeclampsia but maybe I could get a reading of my blood pressure.  I was able to get a reading from my nurse friend down the street.  It was very slightly elevated.  The nurse didn’t seem concerned even with the description of my eyesight being off.   When I looked at my granite countertop it looked like a 3D picture that you cross your eyes to be able to see the hidden image.

Later in the week I was feeling fine but just felt something was off and maybe less kicks.  Which was weird because usually I didn’t feel much kicks from Eli anyway with his placenta in front.

No comments:

Post a Comment