Monday, September 3, 2012

Blessing Weekend

We had a busy weekend as family came to visit for my baby blessing. Grandma and grandpa Sanders, Celestial's family, and Tara came to visit. It was nice to have company over but mom is thinking "it's a good thing not everyone could make it". I would have loved to have everyone come but we had stuff everywhere. I guess my house isn't quite as big as it feels to me on a regular day.

We mostly just hung out around the house just enjoying each others company. Friday afternoon the girls, including Matix, went the park while we sent the boys off to get groceries. Of course dad (Cal) wanted to go to Cabela's (outdoor sports store). So they went there first. The weather at the park was beautiful. Nice with a little bit of a breeze.

For dinner Tara shared with us a recipe from a lady in her ward. It was a use all bread recipe. It has very few ingredients and is a definate rise recipe. We made cinnamon rolls and put them in the fridge to bake in the morning and they grew to be huge. We decided to bake them that night. Tara made us three pizza's, cinnamon rolls, bread stick twist, and a cream cheese pastery. All were delicious.

Mom was nervous about my baby blessing and if I would cry during the whole thing. I have strong lungs (a loud cry). So mom has been trying to get me used to a binky just in case we needed it to keep me happy. I did great! I slept right up until the blessing and then I stayed content. During sacrament I started to squirm for food so mom took me out to feed me. She fed me, changed my diaper (which thankfully didn't get on my dress only the diaper cover) and fed me more so I would be good for pictures afterwards. She didn't get back until the closing song. Daddy also gave me a very beatiful blessing. Mom knew he would and was tearing up from the opening song untill she left to feed me. She's very glad that dad honors his priesthhood and is worthy to be able to give you your baby blessing. Also since I was a large baby mom is glad we blessed me so soon so that I fit into my dress. I hardly fit into it because I was locking up my arms while mom tried to put it on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment